The barbaric slaughter of many hundreds of Israelis by Palestinian terrorists is a horrifying reminder of the power of hatred between communities. Is that what we would want for Australia?
Even if we could be sure it would never come to that, the referendum to introduce the concept of racial division into this country’s understanding of who we are would, if passed, have driven a further wedge between Australians, white or Aboriginal.
- The magazine delivered to your door weekly
- Unlimited access to spectator.com.au and app
- The weekly edition on the Spectator Australia app
- Spectator podcasts and newsletters
- Full access to spectator.co.uk