The Australian Bureau of Statistics website shows that in June 2022 Queensland public sector employees comprised 52,700 Commonwealth, 406,800 State, and 44,600 Local Government. That is a total of 504,100 employees.
In July 2023 there were 2,850,000 persons employed in Queensland. Nearly 18 per cent of Queenslanders with a job are on a government payroll.
- The magazine delivered to your door weekly
- Unlimited access to spectator.com.au and app
- The weekly edition on the Spectator Australia app
- Spectator podcasts and newsletters
- Full access to spectator.co.uk