There’s a new welcome uttered around the Albanese government offices: ‘We acknowledge the fawning directors present and emerging of the corporations, sporting bodies, professional organisations, and the Sydney Symphony Orchestra, whose socio-political alignments with our Voice referendum are the wind beneath our wings.’
Or at least, there should be.
Yes, even the SSO has joined the choir of the ‘Yes’ campaign with a public announcement before last Saturday’s concert at the Opera House – much to the chagrin of some in the audience who complained in letters to the Editor of The Australian.
‘The Sydney Symphony Orchestra, which I have subscribed to for 20...
- The magazine delivered to your door weekly
- Unlimited access to spectator.com.au and app
- The weekly edition on the Spectator Australia app
- Spectator podcasts and newsletters
- Full access to spectator.co.uk