Flat White

The left’s sickening superiority complex

18 February 2017

10:28 AM

18 February 2017

10:28 AM

They should be thriving, vigorous, durable dormitories. Instead, college campuses have become sickly ideological safe spaces for frail liberal indoctrination. They’ve morphed into decrepit, unbridled, hideous havens for brainwashing hatred. No wonder the post-leftist Trump era is proving so tough for many to accept.

Never has this transformation been clearer than in the aftermath of outrageous violent riots that halted the Milo Yiannopoulos event at UC Berkeley.

To date, far-left group BAMN (By Any Means Necessary), whose name itself speaks volumes about raging egos, has taken responsibility for the riots. The group’s leader, Yvette Felarca insists she has “no regrets”, saying, “The left has been far too timid for way too long.”

Timid? Are these left wing lunatics utterly deluded?

There is no defence for violence. Yet, several articles in the independent student newspaper at the UC Berkeley campus have attempted to achieve precisely that.

Perhaps the pinnacle of this laughable liberal superiority complex came from an alumnus of UC Berkeley Nisa Dang. She wrote, “To people with platforms who decide when a protest should and should not be violent: You speak from a place of immense privilege. As I recently wrote in a tirade against this brand of idiocy, asking people to maintain peaceful dialogue with those who legitimately do not think their lives matter is a violent act.”

The only thing more unbelievable that this ridiculous statement is that Dang believed it held enough weight to be banded around twice. So ostentatiously inflated are these liberal egos they honestly postulate that they, and only they, can decide what dialogue is appropriate. Stick your wretched “privilege”.

Dear Dang: it is not up to you to legitimatise violence from your self-elected podium of pomposity. Neither are you, the screwball loony Left, granted your own bespoke set of acceptable weapons.

This week, Milo wrote an impassioned post, “President Trump, Here’s Why You Must Cut Funding From UC Berkeley”. Federal funding last year totalled $370 million US.

In the piece, Milo notes that in 1969 Governor Ronald Reagan of California sent in the National Guard to deal with rioting at UC Berkeley, “armed with buckshot and batons” and “slapped down members of the media for encouraging the lawlessness.”

Yianopoulos’ advice? “It’s simple: defund UC Berkeley and any other campus that encourages the mad, radical politics that is now causing violence on America’s streets on a daily basis.”

Trump tweeted “If UC Berkeley does not allow free speech and practices violence on innocent people with a different point of view – NO FEDERAL FUNDS?”

Sounds fair enough. It is not up the Left to pick, choose and ultimately decide which different points of view are admissible. Their egos are just too stuffed to see that.

By contrast, look at the contemptible division being encouraged by Hillary Clinton. She really hasn’t got the message that her theatrical gender politics failed, has she? She recorded a video message for women’s rights campaign group MAKERS which was played at a conference where men and women gathered to learn about leadership, policy and female empowerment. Clinton declared the “future is female”. They should have stayed home.

The tangible irony of Hills then tweeting, “I truly believe we’re always Stronger Together,” appears to be lost on her.

Why promote a gender divide if we’re stronger together? How can the future, therefore, be female? Does she even understand what poison feminism is? She’s so fixated on the imaginary glass ceiling looming above her she’s gone cross-eyed.

The “future is female” expression actually began as a seventies lesbian separatist slogan. Labyris, the first women’s bookstore opened in Greenwich Village, New York in 1972. It was swiftly criticised for being elitist and promoted a school of thought that advocated the complete isolation of lesbians from men and heterosexuals. To promote its work, it created merchandise emblazoned with the slogan, “the future is female”. The antithesis of “Stronger Together”.

Here is the crystal clear, glimmering proof that Hillary Clinton is not, never was, and never will be, the correct person to steer politics forward.

She praised the energy of women’s marches – yet the majority of us still have no idea what they were even marching for. Like her loathsome twinsets, Clinton is woolly, repeating slogans without a clear agenda. She’s a cog in the system with no capacity for independent thought; a nodding dog on the car dashboard.

Still, after a humiliating defeat and intense rejection, Hills misjudges the mass mood and ignores the glaringly obvious failure of gender politics. The future is not female, it is not sexual rivalry and it is not war between the sexes.

By stark contrast in France, Marine Le Pen has hit out at “financial globalisation, “Mass immigration” and “Islamic fundamentalism”. Here is a strong woman that doesn’t need to lean on her gender. She does not play the victim card in political poker and knows simply wearing a pink t-shirt isn’t a passport to success. Instead, she has her finger firmly on the real issues people are genuinely concerned about.

Breitbart exclusively revealed this week that pro-Trump national rallies will soon spring up across America. Dubbed the “Spirit of America Rallies”, they will be seen across states including Arizona, Georgia, Iowa, Indiana, Colorado, New Jersey, South Carolina and Washington. Unlike the woolly women’s marches, expect clear messages and clarion vision.

This is the future, Hills. Not your polished pearls, vanilla twin sets and retro seventies slogans. You are borrowing from the past because you are not aligned with the future many outside your echo chamber foresee.

Ralph King, an elector for Trump from Ohio says, “the American electorate spoke loud and clear this past November. These Spirit of America Rallies are a continuation of the collective voice of Americans that embrace President Trump’s policies to put the American workers and citizens first once again.”

Of course, the heaving American electorate will also have a few choice words about UC Berkeley’s outrageous funding.

Got something to add? Join the discussion and comment below.

Show comments
Close