Roughly 500,000 nurses, midwives and teachers feel that they are being politically and financially exploited by a small cadre of left-wing union bosses. Membership fees, hundreds of dollars above the reasonable cost of service, are funnelled into affiliations fees and other avenues, ending up supporting political activists.
They say democracy dies in darkness.
- The magazine delivered to your door weekly
- Unlimited access to spectator.com.au and app
- The weekly edition on the Spectator Australia app
- Spectator podcasts and newsletters
- Full access to spectator.co.uk