Aboriginal anthropologist and activist Dr Marcia Langton is probably the most influential figure in the Indigenous Voice to Parliament Referendum Working Group.
She has made the real objective of this Voice quite clear. It is nothing more than the first (and enabling) step in the implementation of the Uluru Statement which demands ‘truth telling’, treaty (inevitably involving reparations and rent), and some form of co-sovereignty or separate sovereignty.
- The magazine delivered to your door weekly
- Unlimited access to spectator.com.au and app
- The weekly edition on the Spectator Australia app
- Spectator podcasts and newsletters
- Full access to spectator.co.uk