While there have been several wars between Israel and its enemies over the years, the latest Hamas attack on Israel is of a different nature given the massacring and kidnapping of Israeli civilians who could not defend themselves.
The number of Israelis killed has risen to over 1,000, wounded to 2,500+ and an estimated 150 Israelis and citizens of other countries have been abducted.
For perspective, on October 7 Israel lost more people in one day than in the entire Six-Day War of 1967.
Arguably, the invasion of Israel from 22 different locations makes for the worst day in Israeli history, akin to a...
- The magazine delivered to your door weekly
- Unlimited access to spectator.com.au and app
- The weekly edition on the Spectator Australia app
- Spectator podcasts and newsletters
- Full access to spectator.co.uk