What happens to a fashion brand when the founder leaves?
Or, to be more direct, what is Tom Ford without Tom Ford? That was the question hovering over Milan last month as the brand held its first runway show since the famed designer stepped down in April. The man on the marquee wasn’t even in attendance; apparently bad weather left him stuck in London (there was a little thunder the day before, so it’s plausible, if unconvincing).
- The magazine delivered to your door weekly
- Unlimited access to spectator.com.au and app
- The weekly edition on the Spectator Australia app
- Spectator podcasts and newsletters
- Full access to spectator.co.uk