When wind farms were nothing more than an apocalypse-mongering salvation shouted from the lips of a distraught truanting European teenager, plenty of adults were swept up in the hyperbole. They were drawn in by the tears and duped by the pleas.
‘Oh yes,’ they would say, ‘I’m all for wind energy.
- The magazine delivered to your door weekly
- Unlimited access to spectator.com.au and app
- The weekly edition on the Spectator Australia app
- Spectator podcasts and newsletters
- Full access to spectator.co.uk