Nearing the end of One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest, Nurse Ratched stated, ‘The best thing we can do is to go on with our daily routine.’ It was the final straw for poor old Randle McMurphy (or Jack Nicholson, if you prefer the film) leading to the disastrous climax. The Victorian Bureaucratic Nurse Ratched has seemingly started to ratchet itself back up again this week, with media reports of continuing inoculation mandates within the firefighters (amongst others) and a rather hysterical NewsCorp media piece suggesting that mask rules might (or should) become a piece of health policy indefinitely, for everyone,...
- The magazine delivered to your door weekly
- Unlimited access to spectator.com.au and app
- The weekly edition on the Spectator Australia app
- Spectator podcasts and newsletters
- Full access to spectator.co.uk