The SpecOz receives some curious media releases with curious punctuation, but this one might just take the cake — or pumpkin pie:
This halloween will waste enough pumpkins to feed the whole country
1) Has something along these lines been sent to all supermarkets, greengrocers etc ?
Will you ensure all the pumpkins you sell this year will have their contents eaten ? And the shells composted after use ?
Place a poster with a link + QR code to a website of pumpkin recipes next to them in the veg aisle etc + print it on the the till receipt of people buying them.
Post this, or something similar, on all your social media pages – avoid food waste – pumpkin recipes –
2) And something similar to all schools ? and relevant kids’ tv shows, websites etc ?
3) Has thought ahead been taken to waste at christmas eg food, packaging, plastic, unrecyclable wrapping paper, single-use greetings cards, single-use trees ?
4) Have all supermarkets now announced a date in 2021 when they will end all food waste, by eg ceasing to over order, stopping all 2for1 type offers, reducing package sizes for perishables etc ?
5) Make an entry in your planners for next ( and every ) year.
A true Halloween horror.
Won’t somebody please think of the pumpkins?
Got something to add? Join the discussion and comment below.