It is not unusual for laws and policies, although well-intentioned, to have the opposite effect as that allegedly contemplated. Arguably, Australia’s worst sufferings and deprivations in our alleged free society have been greatly caused by the continuing implementation of welfare state policies.
Since the second world war, the Australian government has maintained and nurtured a burgeoning and expensive bureaucracy focused on the alleged welfare of the community.
- The magazine delivered to your door weekly
- Unlimited access to spectator.com.au and app
- The weekly edition on the Spectator Australia app
- Spectator podcasts and newsletters
- Full access to spectator.co.uk