A lot of young Australians have become disenfranchised by the economic status quo and understandably so. It has become all too easy to get your proverbial pitchforks out when home ownership has become more out of reach than ever, inflation doesn’t seem like it’s departing us any time soon, and an increasingly precarious job market has become the norm.
A survey of 18,000 Australians aged 15-19 by Mission Australia revealed that half view their futures in a negative light.
- The magazine delivered to your door weekly
- Unlimited access to spectator.com.au and app
- The weekly edition on the Spectator Australia app
- Spectator podcasts and newsletters
- Full access to spectator.co.uk