Just Stop Oil (JSO) has taken the news that the government will issue hundreds of new North Sea oil and gas licences badly. The Prime Minister is ‘worse than a war criminal,’ according to JSO. But the reality is that Sunak’s announcement is a smart move: oil and gas and its derivative industries are still some of the UK’s most important and some of its largest export industries.
- The magazine delivered to your door weekly
- Unlimited access to spectator.com.au and app
- The weekly edition on the Spectator Australia app
- Spectator podcasts and newsletters
- Full access to spectator.co.uk