When Donald Trump’s attorney and spokeswoman Alina Habba took to the streets on Thursday in front of the federal courthouse in Washington, DC, she described the former president as ‘the leading candidate right now for president for either party’.
It’s a slight stretch, but only slightly. Trump is within the margin of error against Joe Biden in virtually every poll, largely undamaged by the ever compounding series of ‘solemn days’ when he faces new legal woes.
- The magazine delivered to your door weekly
- Unlimited access to spectator.com.au and app
- The weekly edition on the Spectator Australia app
- Spectator podcasts and newsletters
- Full access to spectator.co.uk