Britain’s big news story of the past two weeks will have caused embarrassment at ‘The Thunderer’. Four days before the BBC reported that Prime Minister Sunak planned to water down net-zero targets, the Times dismissed any suggestion that the government would abandon the highest-profile one, the ban from 2030 on the sale of new petrol and diesel cars.
- The magazine delivered to your door weekly
- Unlimited access to spectator.com.au and app
- The weekly edition on the Spectator Australia app
- Spectator podcasts and newsletters
- Full access to spectator.co.uk
Unlock more articles
You might disagree with half of it, but you’ll enjoy reading all of it. Try your first month for free, then just $2 a week for the remainder of your first year.