White to play. Navara-Bassem, Biel 2023. This arose from a game of ‘Chess960’ where the pieces are shuffled on the back ranks at the start of the game. Navara’s rook is attacked, but which move allowed him to score a quick win? Email answers to email@example.com by Monday 31 July.
- The magazine delivered to your door weekly
- Unlimited access to spectator.com.au and app
- The weekly edition on the Spectator Australia app
- Spectator podcasts and newsletters
- Full access to spectator.co.uk
Unlock more articles
You might disagree with half of it, but you’ll enjoy reading all of it. Try your first month for free, then just $2 a week for the remainder of your first year.