Standing on the banks of the Swan River the skyline tells you how Perth retains observable links with its regional cousins, cultural links cast off by many eastern seaboard capital cities decades ago. Whether it be the shining buildings of Australia’s largest resource companies or the fly-in fly-out lifestyle experienced and witnessed by so many, there is a real and abiding appreciation of where the state’s livelihood is generated.
- The magazine delivered to your door weekly
- Unlimited access to spectator.com.au and app
- The weekly edition on the Spectator Australia app
- Spectator podcasts and newsletters
- Full access to spectator.co.uk
Unlock more articles
Daniel Wild is Deputy Executive Director at the Institute of Public Affairs.
You might disagree with half of it, but you’ll enjoy reading all of it. Try your first month for free, then just $2 a week for the remainder of your first year.