Of course the bride’s dog came to the wedding
and was allotted a chair at the top table
at which he sat with a gloomy expression
and a chewed satin bow.
The groom fed him morsels of pheasant —
laughing rather theatrically
when his finger was nipped
and the blood dyed his table napkin
a shade to match the azaleas.
A honeymoon is no time for
blood poisoning. Surely it was sunstroke
or an allergy to the spiky local fish?
Excitedly aghast, the wedding guests
re-assembled for the funeral.
The dog was left at home
but he didn’t seem to mind.
You might disagree with half of it, but you’ll enjoy reading all of it. Try your first 10 weeks for just $10