Exactly two years and eleven months ago the cover of this magazine warned that the election the week before of Joe Biden as President of the United States spelled war for the Middle East. ‘Peace nixed – the Middle East will plunge back into darkness’ was the headline, with the visual showing Joe Biden and Kamala Harris clutching aloft a birdcage with a dead dove of peace in it, akin to a dead canary in a coal mine.
- The magazine delivered to your door weekly
- Unlimited access to spectator.com.au and app
- The weekly edition on the Spectator Australia app
- Spectator podcasts and newsletters
- Full access to spectator.co.uk
Unlock more articles
You might disagree with half of it, but you’ll enjoy reading all of it. Try your first month for free, then just $2 a week for the remainder of your first year.