Throughout history the lesson remains the same: there can be no peace with neighbours that want you dead.
We wake up this morning not knowing how many have died in the opening hours of the world’s newest war.
What we do know is that at 6:30am on Saturday, Hamas – the Sunni-Islamic fundamentalist Palestinian militant group internationally recognised as a terror organisation – launched an unexpected attack on Israel.
- The magazine delivered to your door weekly
- Unlimited access to spectator.com.au and app
- The weekly edition on the Spectator Australia app
- Spectator podcasts and newsletters
- Full access to spectator.co.uk