Jacinta Nampijinpa Price’s recent speech at the Australian Press Club could well be a key turning point in the wider Australian discourse. As an example of what a brilliant orator and influential politician Senator Price has become, there was this mic-drop moment during question time (see particularly from 58:55 to 59:40):
David Crowe (MC): We’re moving into an area that goes well beyond The Voice, but it’s interesting… I have talked to Indigenous people, and I’m sure others have too, who talk about generations of trauma among Indigenous Australians as a result of colonisation.
- The magazine delivered to your door weekly
- Unlimited access to spectator.com.au and app
- The weekly edition on the Spectator Australia app
- Spectator podcasts and newsletters
- Full access to spectator.co.uk