The Intergenerational report is designed to provide a 40-year outlook on the Australian economy and the government’s budget. It is meant to examine the long-term sustainability of current policies and how demographic, technological and other structural trends may affect the economy and the budget. First delivered by Treasurer Peter Costello in 2002, there have been five more reports, the most recent two weeks ago by the current Treasurer.
- The magazine delivered to your door weekly
- Unlimited access to spectator.com.au and app
- The weekly edition on the Spectator Australia app
- Spectator podcasts and newsletters
- Full access to spectator.co.uk
Unlock more articles
You might disagree with half of it, but you’ll enjoy reading all of it. Try your first month for free, then just $2 a week for the remainder of your first year.