Just 12.9% of Britons smoke cigarettes, figures out this week showed – the lowest on record. How does the UK compare?
– The highest smoking rate is in Nauru (48.5%), the lowest is in Ghana (3.5%).
– 24.5% of people in France are daily smokers compared with 11.5% in the US.
- Unlimited access to spectator.com.au and app
- The weekly edition on the Spectator Australia app
- Spectator podcasts and newsletters
- Full access to spectator.co.uk
Unlock this article
You might disagree with half of it, but you’ll enjoy reading all of it. Try your first month for free, then just $2 a week for the remainder of your first year.