The recent armed conflicts in Northern Kosovo and the reluctance of Serbia to recognise the existence of Kosovo as an independent state raise the question as to the importance of that territory for Serbia. To understand the current animosities, it is necessary to delve into the history of Serbia, specifically the region of Metohija.
- The magazine delivered to your door weekly
- Unlimited access to spectator.com.au and app
- The weekly edition on the Spectator Australia app
- Spectator podcasts and newsletters
- Full access to spectator.co.uk