The IMF recently warned the Australian federal government and Reserve Bank of Australia that they needed to take a more proactive approach to inflation by cutting spending and increasing interest rates respectively.
As circumstances stand, the RBA effectively only has the manipulation of interest rates at its disposal to bring down inflation.
- The magazine delivered to your door weekly
- Unlimited access to spectator.com.au and app
- The weekly edition on the Spectator Australia app
- Spectator podcasts and newsletters
- Full access to spectator.co.uk