This edition of The Speccie falls on the 105th anniversary of the end of the first world war. That moment marked the emergence of the fledgling nation of Australia onto the world stage as a force to be reckoned with. The courage, resourcefulness and independence of our diggers had been recognised from an early stage in the war, but it also takes imaginative and courageous leadership to turn these qualities into a winning combination.
- The magazine delivered to your door weekly
- Unlimited access to spectator.com.au and app
- The weekly edition on the Spectator Australia app
- Spectator podcasts and newsletters
- Full access to spectator.co.uk
Unlock more articles
You might disagree with half of it, but you’ll enjoy reading all of it. Try your first month for free, then just $2 a week for the remainder of your first year.