Elections are always hard fought. But for most New Zealanders to be so desperate to throw out Jacinda Ardern’s original ‘dream team’ was extraordinary. Ardern’s Labour was arguably the most incompetent and destructive government in our history, yet despite this wish to boot them out – along with the seriously deluded Greens with their global warming catastrophising and anti-car mindsets and Te Pati Maori with their focus on supposed indigenous solutions for the non-existent ‘Aotearea’ – voters appeared markedly unenthusiastic at the prospect of National, with ACT, from the centre-right, romping home clear winners.
- The magazine delivered to your door weekly
- Unlimited access to spectator.com.au and app
- The weekly edition on the Spectator Australia app
- Spectator podcasts and newsletters
- Full access to spectator.co.uk
Unlock more articles
You might disagree with half of it, but you’ll enjoy reading all of it. Try your first month for free, then just $2 a week for the remainder of your first year.