Timing matters just as much in tragedy as it does in comedy. And it is important to remember that the Opera House protest which caused such outrage took place after the appalling toll of the Hamas attacks had been reported, but before we knew much about the scale of the Israeli government’s response to it.
- The magazine delivered to your door weekly
- Unlimited access to spectator.com.au and app
- The weekly edition on the Spectator Australia app
- Spectator podcasts and newsletters
- Full access to spectator.co.uk
Unlock more articles
You might disagree with half of it, but you’ll enjoy reading all of it. Try your first month for free, then just $2 a week for the remainder of your first year.