New Zealanders will vote in a general election on 14 October. In one crucial respect, the result is a foregone conclusion. Support for the Labour government has collapsed spectacularly. The latest projections show Labour languishing in the sub-30 per cent death zone and likely to lose at least 28 of its 65 seats in the 120-seat parliament.
- The magazine delivered to your door weekly
- Unlimited access to spectator.com.au and app
- The weekly edition on the Spectator Australia app
- Spectator podcasts and newsletters
- Full access to spectator.co.uk
Unlock more articles
You might disagree with half of it, but you’ll enjoy reading all of it. Try your first month for free, then just $2 a week for the remainder of your first year.