A few weeks ago, a story made headlines that outraged civil liberties advocates and critics of state over-reach. It revealed how much the British police have sunk into farce. A teenage girl with autism had been dragged from her home and arrested by a group of police officers after she said a female police officer looked like her lesbian grandmother.
- The magazine delivered to your door weekly
- Unlimited access to spectator.com.au and app
- The weekly edition on the Spectator Australia app
- Spectator podcasts and newsletters
- Full access to spectator.co.uk
Unlock more articles
You might disagree with half of it, but you’ll enjoy reading all of it. Try your first month for free, then just $2 a week for the remainder of your first year.