A never-aired Fox News interview with the former Capitol Police chief, leaked last week, puts the lie to much of the January 6 ‘Insurrection’ (J6) narrative, still playing centre stage in US politics as a handy weapon against GOP contender Donald Trump. Chief Stephen Sund asserts in the Tucker Carlson interview that the J6 crowd included an unprecedented number of federal agents, that he was inexcusably denied threat intelligence and military support, and that ‘everything appears to be a cover-up’.
- The magazine delivered to your door weekly
- Unlimited access to spectator.com.au and app
- The weekly edition on the Spectator Australia app
- Spectator podcasts and newsletters
- Full access to spectator.co.uk
Unlock more articles
You might disagree with half of it, but you’ll enjoy reading all of it. Try your first month for free, then just $2 a week for the remainder of your first year.