Insanity, Albert Einstein famously said, is doing the same thing over and over – and expecting different results.
We see this in the great issue of the day, the referendum on the first new and tiniest chapter in our constitution, a blank cheque hidden under that misleading title, ‘Recognition of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples’.
- The magazine delivered to your door weekly
- Unlimited access to spectator.com.au and app
- The weekly edition on the Spectator Australia app
- Spectator podcasts and newsletters
- Full access to spectator.co.uk
Unlock more articles
You might disagree with half of it, but you’ll enjoy reading all of it. Try your first month for free, then just $2 a week for the remainder of your first year.