This may come to be remembered as the year where the global warming debate became serious. Until now, there has been a shrill quality to the discussion with emotive language used in place of reason. Yes, there’s a serious problem facing the planet – but to what extent would the proposed solutions address this problem? What are the trade offs involved? How does decarbonisation rub up against other obligations, like alleviating cost-of-living pressures and protecting the elderly from the cold?
Deadlines that once seemed far away – like the 2030 ban on new petrol cars – are now getting rather close...
- The magazine delivered to your door weekly
- Unlimited access to spectator.com.au and app
- The weekly edition on the Spectator Australia app
- Spectator podcasts and newsletters
- Full access to spectator.co.uk